My pals, Murphy & Stanley, is having a blog hop where us critters tell how we is a part of Blogville. If ya haven't already, hop ovfur dere and enter your info so's evfurrybuddy can meets ya. Here I is, standin' in a field of bluebonnets, our Texas state flower...
My name are Finley Rose and I's a Westie livin' da life in da wunnerful suburban oasis dat is Plano, Texas. Unlike my BFF, Whitley, I's nevfur lived anywheres else but Plano... I visited Whitley in SoCal, Boston, and Austin, but Plano is always where I's hung my hat. Plano is just north of Big D, known fur JR Ewing, da Cowboys, more retail space per person dan anywheres else in da country, oil barons, cattle barons, and con-spik-u-us consumption! Plano are purdy much da same as da Big D, just a lil bit newer cuz until da 1980s it wuz still a bunch of farmland. In fact, dere are still some farms in da middle of da city and ya sees cows just drivin' 'round. Da cows ain't drivin' 'round, I means ya sees cows when ya is drivin' 'round. Cows don't drive... at least, none I've seen. We calls cows "dinner on da hoof" 'round here cuz dat is whut da youngest daughter usta calls 'em when she wuz lil.
If ya wants to knows whut I likes 'bout Plano, I guess I'd have to say da good sniffs Whitley pointed out, plus da abundant bunny and skwirrel populations... gives us terrierz plenty to terrierize!!
I lives with Whitley and da kitties... Crockett, who, like me, belongs to my Momma & Daddy, Travis, who belongs to Whit's momma, and Maurice, who belongs to Momma's youngest daughter.
Recently, I gots da Shine On Award from Whitley, she are my BFF and belongs to my Momma's oldest daughter.
According to Whitley, here are da rules of dis here award.If ya receives it, dis are what ya is sposed to do.
1. Visit and fank da blogger and who nominated ya. Thanks, Whit!
2. Acknowledge dat blogger on your blog and link back. Done!
3. Share 7 random facts bout yourself.
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for da Shine On Award, provide a link to dere blogs in your posty, and notify dem on dere blogs.
5. Eat a cookie. What momma? I made up dat rule? Well, it are a good one, so I are keepin it.
So on to Nummer 3...
7 Random Facts Bout Me
1. I luvs tangereens!! Luvs 'em!! Dances fur 'em!! Come runnin' when Momma sez "Tangereen, Finley!" Now dis can cause some problems...like da fact dat bitter spray don't keep me from chewin', I just views it as seasonin' cuz I luvs dat citrus taste!
2. I wuz born in Fort Worth... also known as Cowtown. My momma wuz also born in Cowtown!! Dat makes us speshul cuz we's da onliest 2 here dat wuz!
3. I is da Queen of Toys... my favorite is da ones Kong makes dat is shaped like a bone and made outta tennis ball stuff... I thinks I's on my third or is it fourth one of dose???
4. One time I gots outta da house and Momma couldn't find me... our old kitty, Jez had opened da door from da house to da garage while Momma had da garage door up cuz she wuz vacuumin' out her Mustang. Momma wuz gettin' reddy to call Dad to come home and help looks fur me and den she looked at her car... There I wuz, ridin' shotgun, waitin' fur a road trip!! Bol! Bol!
5. I views Whitley's Momma as my Back-up Momma. Evfur since I stayed wiff her fur a week in Boston whiles Momma and Daddy moved da furniture backs to Texas, I's laid claim to Whit's Momma as my #2 Momma and I tries to claim her if Momma is bizee wiff sumthin' and I can't sits wiff her.
6. I can smell a new toy 'fore it evfun gets in da house. I's been known to grab da entire bag from da pet store and tries to run away wiff it! Here I is wiff my latest akwesishun, a chicken I gots fur my Gotcha Day!
7. I admits it... just like Whitley has a barkin' addikshun, I gots one of my one. Cat food. I always tries to snag it anytime it are left unattended. Unfortunately, da kitties 'round here don't cooperate and leave me any to eats most of da time. Momma sez dat is fortunate, not unfortunate likes I thinks, cuz cat food duz NOT agree wiff my digestion! Who cares about gettin' da revenge of da Montezuma?? Cat food is da best!
I's gonna just award da Shine On Award to all my furiends... If ya hasn't gotten it yet, ya has it now!!
Now I'm off to eat dat cookie....or two!!
Bark ya later, gators!